Banana Almond Chocolate Chip Bar Recipe
Makes 16 Bars
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ½ cup raw coconut nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups oat flour
- 1 cup oats, whole
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup soaked and dehydrated raw buckwheat groats, or kasha (Kasha is toasted buckwheat.)
- ¾ cup chocolate or carob chips
- 1/3 cup hemp seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Put the wet ingredients in a blender and blend until well-combined and creamy. Alternately put the wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk rapidly to combine until creamy.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, put the dry ingredients in and mix together well with a spoon.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula or your hands to combine together thoroughly. Using gloves can help mix with hands.
- Line a glass pan or cookie sheet (9-by-9, 7-by-11 inch, etc., all work great) with parchment paper, having paper come out of two of the ends so the bars can be lifted out of the pan. Using your hands, press the mixture into place. Use a rubber spatula to smooth out and ensure entire pan has an even surface.
- Place pan in refrigerator for a minimum of one hour. This allows the bars an opportunity to firm up and hold their shape while cutting. Recommended shapes when cutting are rectangles, squares or energy nuggets.
Storage suggestion: Store in an airtight container. Bars will keep for one month in the refrigerator and three months in the freezer.
Nutrition facts (per serving, if cut into 16 bars): calories 270, total fat 9 g, carbs 42 g, fiber 6 g, protein 8 g