Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 6 servings
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
Fit tip: Comfort food doesn't need to lead to belly bulge! Practice sensible portion control by cutting this pizza into 12 slices instead of six.
- 1 frozen whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups Mango BBQ sauce
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz. smoked mozzarella
- Bake crust according to package directions.
- Sauté red onion in olive oil on medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and barbecue sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer until sauce thickens and clings to chicken, about 10 minutes.
- Spread chicken and sauce mixture onto pre-baked pizza crust.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cheese and heat at 400 F in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes. Cut into 12 slices and serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 332, Total Fats: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 60 mg, Sodium: 570 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 37 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 12 g, Protein: 28 g, Iron: 3 mg