- 2 1/4 cups whole-grain wheat flour or hard red wheat
- 1 1/4 cups spelt or rye
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/4 cup millet
- 1/4 cup lentils
- 2 tbsp Great Northern beans (a type of white bean)
- 2 tbsp red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp pinto beans
- 2 cans club soda
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place all grains, lentils and beans in a food processor (you may need to do this in batches) and pulse for 10 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together club soda, honey and olive oil.
- Add all the blended ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide the batter in half and pour into two loaf pans. Bake at 350ºF.
- Optional: Add 2 tsp of cinnamon and a handful of raisins or cranberries for extra sweetness.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 24 servings, yields 2 loaves): Calories: 217, Total Fats: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 0 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 39 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 5 g, Iron: 1 mg