Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun spice seasoning
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 green peppers, seeded, inner ribs removed and cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Hot sauce to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Toss shrimp with Cajun spice seasoning and set aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in large skillet and sauté peppers for six minutes over medium-high heat. Turn heat down and add minced garlic, stirring constantly so that garlic doesn’t burn. Remove peppers and garlic from pan, wipe pan out with paper towel.
3. Return pan to medium-high heat and heat remaining teaspoon of oil. Add shrimp and cook approximately three minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add wine and lemon juice, peppers and garlic, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Season with hot sauce; serve each portion over ½ cup cooked brown rice.
Nutrients per serving: 264 calories, 3.8 g fat, 6.5 g carbs, 18 g protein