• Drink this shake immediately postworkout or as a preworkout shake two hours before you sweat.
• Cherry antioxidants help minimize soreness caused by weightlifting, studies show.
• Avocados and flax provide ALA, a type of healthy fat that tames postworkout-induced inflammation.
• Whey protein is loaded with branched-chain amino acids for muscle repair and synthesis (building).
Cherry Avocado Shake
Makes 1 serving • Ready in 5 minutes
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (try chocolate peanut butter flavor)
- ½ cup frozen cherries (try: Europe’s Best Cherry Medley)
- ½ tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup water
- Ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process thoroughly. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 270, Total Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 40 mg, Sodium: 55 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 23 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 14 g, Protein: 22 g, Iron: 1 mg