- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and finely shredded
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 - 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, rice, egg, cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper. Shape into 8 patties.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and heated through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned. Add vinegar to skillet to coat mushrooms; cook 1 minute longer. Serve on top of chicken rice cakes.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 4 servings): Calories: 410, Total Fats: 14 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Sodium: 210 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 41 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 10 g, Protein: 31 g, Iron: 2 mg
"This is a great way to use up my favorite clean eats that I tend to make in bulk weekly - chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and brown rice." - Rashonda Jackson, Oxygen reader