Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 6 servings
- 1 lb apples (about 3 medium), thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (2 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 6 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup water 1" ginger, finely minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp Sucanat 1 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss apples with lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Lightly coat an 8"x 8" baking dish with oil or cooking spray. Spread apple slices evenly in the dish.
- Mix flaxseed with water in a small bowl, and let set to form a gel.
- Combine ginger, flaxseed and dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Add yogurt gradually and crumble the mixture in your fingers so it clumps together. Add more yogurt or water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Drop "crumbles" onto the apples. (It's okay if some of the fruit is not covered.) Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 161, Total Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 4 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 30 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 11 g, Protein: 5 g, Iron: 2 mg