- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sucanat
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups large whole grain oats, unprocessed
- 2 1/2 cups Nutri Flour Blend (or 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour and ¾ cup wheat bran)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat olive oil and Sucanat until creamy. Beat in egg whites, one at a time. Add raw honey and vanilla. Stir in next 8 ingredients, then stir in raisins.
- Place 1/4 cup dough for each cookie on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 24 cookies): Calories: 220, Total Fats: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 70 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 33 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 6 g, Iron: 2 mg