- 4 to 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1/2 to 1 oz low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 or 2 yellow corn tortillas
- In a frying pan, scramble egg whites.
- Add black beans and salsa.
- Mix well and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add cheese (Monica recommends weighing if necessary to watch grams of fat) and let melt.
- In another pan, heat tortillas (Monica heats hers until they are crispy).
- Set on a plate and pour egg mixture over top. It will be hot, so be careful. Enjoy!
Nutrients per serving (including cheese and 1 tortilla): Calories: 213, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Total Carbohydrates: 26 g, Fiber: 5.5 g, Protein: 24 g, Sugars: 1 g, Sodium: 434 mg, Cholesterol: 3 mg