Ready in 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Want to boost your protein even higher? Serve this soup with some grilled fish for a perfect — and power-packed — summer meal.
Antioxidants Plus! Juicy seasonal peaches lend this frosty soup sweetness along with age-avenging antioxidants to wage war against cell-damaging free radicals in your body.
Texture and Taste! Think beyond snack time when it comes to protein-packed Greek yogurt. In cold soups, it adds great creamy texture, not to mention some tummy-friendly probiotics.
Flab Buster! Despite somewhat lofty calorie counts, studies show that crunching your way through more nuts can help keep belly flab at bay. Thank a synergy of nutritional goodness, including protein, fiber and vital minerals, for their fat-torching powers.
Chef Tip: Cold soups are best served in cold bowls. About 15 minutes before serving, place bowls in the refrigerator to cool down.
- ½ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 pound ripe peaches (about 3 medium), chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- ¼ cup chopped almonds or pistachios
1. Place buttermilk, yogurt, peaches, orange pepper, cucumber, ginger, lemon zest, garlic and salt in blender container and blend until smooth. With the machine running on low speed, slowly drizzle in olive oil through the top. Place soup in container and chill for at least two hours.
2. Divide soup among serving bowls and garnish with pesto and almonds.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): calories 241, total fat 13 g, saturated fat 2 g, trans fat 0 g, sodium 256 mg, carbs 23 g, fiber 4 g, sugar 14 g, protein 11 g