Indonesian Vegetable Salad Recipe
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/2 small cabbage, sliced
- 1 lb green string beans, trimmed
- 8 oz fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cucumber
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled
- Peanut sauce
- Boil potatoes, peel and cut in slices.
- Separately boil the cabbage, string beans and bean sprouts. Then drain.
- Peel cucumber and slice thin.
- Slice hard-boiled eggs.
- Put all the veggies on a large platter, each type of vegetable in its own section.
- Chill. Serve cold accompanied by warm peanut sauce. Each person chooses and arranges veggies on his or her plate, then pours peanut sauce over it.