- 1 large bunch of kale
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced baby carrots
- 1 6-oz package Hickory Baked Tofu, sliced on an angle
- 3 oz diced portebello mushrooms
- 1 cup defrosted frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- To prepare kale, first rinse the leaves thoroughly, then strip them away from the tough stalk, tearing into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Toast pine nuts in a small, dry frying pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, shaking the pan frequently until the nuts just begin to brown and are fragrant. Set aside.
- Heat oil and garlic in a 14-inch stir-fry pan, or wok, for 1 minute. Add onion, bell pepper and sliced carrots. Cook for 3 minutes and add kale. Cook until kale begins to wilt. Add tofu and mushrooms. Cook mixture for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add corn, raisins, pine nuts, sherry, tamari and nutritional yeast. Reduce heat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 4 servings): Calories: 345, Fat: 15 g, Sodium: 366 mg, Carbohydrates: 42 g, Fiber: 7 g, Protein: 14 g