Kiwi Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
Ready in: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Juice of 2 lemons (1/2 cup)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 kiwis, peeled, cut into thin half-moons
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/8" thick slices. Combine lemon juice, chopped rosemary and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Pour mixture over chicken slices to marinate, coating evenly. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients, or marinate overnight for best results.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend to incorporate flavors. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle water onto skillet. When water sizzles, place chicken, along with the marinade, on the skillet, and cook 3 minutes on one side. Flip and cook 2 more minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Divide spinach between 2 big plates. Top each plate with cooked sliced chicken, remaining strawberries and sliced kiwis. Drizzle with dressing. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 359, Total Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 65 mg, Sodium: 296 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 35 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 20 g, Protein: 30 g, Iron: 5 mg