- 1 14-ounce bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup hempnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup (plus 2 tablespoons) finely ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Generously grease a baking sheet and set it aside. Mix together the coconut, hempnuts, almonds, and lemon peel until well combined.
- Stir in the condensed milk and vanilla with a wooden spoon.
- Heap tablespoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheet about one inch apart, pressing to form a slightly mounded shape.
- Bake the hemparoons in the preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown. Use a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool. The hemparoons will harden as they cool.
- Store in airtight containers.
Recipe courtesy of Cicero and are published in The Galaxy Global Eatery Hemp Cookbook.