Not only does peanut butter taste sinfully good, but a tablespoon a day can also help you manage your weight, build lean muscle and prevent disease. Oxygen gives you creative ways to incorporate it into your diet. Here's a Thai-inspired peanut-sauce recipe, courtesy of Oxygen's sister publication Clean Eating. Use it to kick up the taste of your protein-packed stir-fry dishes!
- 1/8 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Nutrients per serving (2 tsp): Calories: 20, Total Fats: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 30 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 2 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 1 g, Iron: 0 mg