Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 3 servings
- 3 5-oz skinless/boneless chicken breast
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- Dash each sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray and saute onions over medium heat until translucent. Set aside in a bowl.
- Saute chicken in olive oil in the same skillet, about 4 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet along with uncooked quinoa, basil, garlic and cooked onions, and stir. Nestle the chicken breasts into the quinoa. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the quinoa is fluffy and has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Stir spinach into the mixture until it is wilted. Serve hot.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 397, Total Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 97 mg, Sodium: 154 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 30 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 43 g, Iron: 3.5 mg