Parchment-Baked Halibut with Pesto, Zucchini and Carrots Recipe
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 (12 x18-inch) sheets parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets
- ¼ cup commercial pesto
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- 1–2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. dry white wine
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Unfold parchment paper and coat lightly with cooking spray, leaving a 2-inch border ungreased at edge
3. Place fillet on one side so it touches the fold but not the ungreased border.
4. Spread 1 Tbsp. pesto over fillet top with ¼ cup each carrots and zucchini. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp. salt and pepper. Drizzle fillet with 1 tsp. each oil and wine.
5. Fold paper; seal edges with narrow folds. Repeat with remaining parchment paper, fish and vegetables.
6. Place packets on baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.
7. To serve, open packets and transfer the fillets with their vegetable topping to plates; pour juices over top. Or serve right in packets; carefully transfer to plates and pierce each to allow steam to escape.
Nutrients per serving: 303 calories, 14 g fat, 5 g carbs, 37 g protein