Ready in 45 minutes • Makes 6 servings • Cost Per Serving: $2!
- 1 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely minced
- Dash sea salt and black ground pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 lb. turkey breast or ground turkey breast meat
- 16-oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Steam the potatoes to soften, about 15 minutes. When done, mash or place in a food processor with the yogurt and rosemary. Potatoes should be stiff but creamy. Season to taste.
- While potatoes are steaming, heat olive oil in a large skillet and saute the onions and celery. Add turkey to brown. Add frozen vegetables and rosemary. Stir to heat through. Stir in flour until dissolved in the liquid from the meat and vegetables.
- Pour meat mixture into a deep-dish pie pan or an 8"x8" casserole dish that has been lightly coated with oil or cooking spray. Spread potatoes over meat. Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly browned.
Fit Fact: Up to 60 percent more beta-carotene may be absorbed from the sweet potato when the meal contains some fats (from the olive oil). Antioxidants such as beta-carotene have been shown to help reduce the free radicals we are exposed to when we exercise.
Nutrients per 10-oz serving: Calories: 318, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 63 mg, Sodium: 86 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 46 g, Dietary Fiber: 9 g, Sugars: 28 g, Protein: 29 g, Iron: 4 mg