Pear-Berry Booster Recipe
Ready in: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- 1 medium pear, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 4 oz. low-fat plain yogurt
- Ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp. finely ground rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- Add pear, strawberries, yogurt and ice to a blender; process for 30 seconds.
- Add oats and protein powder and blend all ingredients until smooth.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 366, Total Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 45 mg, Sodium: 130 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 60 g, Dietary Fiber: 8 g, Sugars: 37 g, Protein: 28 g, Iron: 2 mg
A leading source of fiber, medium-sized pears pack six grams of this metabolism-stabilizing nutrient. Studies show that fiber-rich foods help prevent energy highs and lows by taking longer to digest.
Whey’s The Way
When your diet includes whey protein, you increase your body’s ability for continual energy, muscle growth and recovery, according to research.
Energy On A Roll
Rolled oats are one of the top energy-producing foods you can eat. Packed with fiber and B vitamins, they’ll give you a boost that lasts for hours by slowing glucose absorption in the bloodstream. In addition to pumping up energy, research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition suggests they may help reduce the risk of heart disease and improve immunity.