Pulled Turkey Sandwiches with Pomegranate Coleslaw
Ready in: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Trim Down Tip: Slim down a hearty bakery-style roll by slicing an inch off each half.
- 1/4 cup unsalted tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white turkey meat, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- whole-grain slider buns
- Whisk together the first 7 ingredients in a small pot over medium heat, gently bringing the sauce to a boil.
- Stir in turkey meat and coriander. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top whole-grain buns with turkey mixture, onions and coleslaw (recipe on page two).
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 310, Total Fats: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 85 mg, Sodium: 300 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 36 g, Dietary Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 14 g, Protein: 37 g, Iron: 3.5 mg