Makes about 8 servings | Serving Size: ½ cup
- 1 small/medium head fresh cauliflower
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ¾ cup panko plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Put cauliflower into a bag, add flour and shake until florets are coated.
- In a bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan and garlic powder together.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and buttermilk together. Remove florets from bag, dip in egg whites and dredge through breadcrumb mixture.
- Put florets on sprayed baking sheet and bake for 20–30 minutes or until tender, crisp and lightly brown. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with ranch dressing on the side. Yum! Yum!