Ready in 25 minutes • Makes 1 serving
Tip: Can't find sushi-grade salmon? Substitute with smoked salmon instead.
- 4 oz fresh sushi-grade salmon
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Dash sea salt
- 2 nori (seaweed) sheets
- Wasabi (optional)
- Low-sodium soy sauce (optional)
- Slice avocado lengthwise into 1/4"-thick pieces and salmon lengthwise into approximately 1/2"-thick pieces. Set aside.
- Combine quinoa, rice vinegar and salt in a bowl.
- Place 1 sheet of nori on a sushi bamboo mat (or a table placemat protected with plastic wrap) and spoon half of the quinoa mixture on top. Spread, evening out with clean hands and leaving a small edge at the top and bottom of the nori.
- Line half of the avocado and half of the salmon in the center horizontally over the quinoa.
- Roll the edge closest to you over the salmon and avocado, then grasp the mat and roll it over the sushi to make sure it's rolled tightly. Wet the other edge of the nori with water to stick it to the outside of the sushi roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make second roll.
- Slice the rolls carefully into 1/2" pieces with a large, wet knife.
- Serve with wasabi and low-sodium soy sauce (optional).
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 360, Total Fats: 17 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 62 mg, Sodium: 157 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 24 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 27 g, Iron: 3 mg