Ready in 20 minutes • Makes 2 servings
- 4 oz extra-lean red meat
- 1 bunch (200 g) Swiss chard
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/8 red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced mint
- 2 tsp minced rosemary
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut meat crosswise on the bias into 2" long, thin slices (about 1/8" thick).
- In a blender or food processor, combine harissa paste ingredients. Place steak slices on a plate and smear with pepper paste. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove center ribs from the Swiss chard, chop ribs into small pieces and set aside in a bowl. Chop the chard leaves and set aside in another bowl. Chop romaine leaves and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Meanwhile, reheat brown rice in a saucepot.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add a few drops of water. Once the water starts to sizzle, add the chard ribs and onions. Saute until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the beef to the same skillet, sear for 3 minutes, then flip and sear for 2 more minutes. Remove beef, onions and Swiss chard ribs and set aside on a plate. Keep covered.
- Use the same skillet to sear the Swiss chard leaves for about 2 minutes. Divide the romaine lettuce between two plates. Top each plate with 1/2 cup of brown rice and half of the Swiss chard leaves. Add the beef, chard stems and onions. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 343, Total Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 51 mg, Sodium: 398 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 34 g, Dietary Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 27 g, Iron: 6 mg