Ready in 15 minutes | Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup finely chopped large tomato
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 sprouted corn tortillas
- 1 whole free-range egg
- 2 egg whites
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Toss vegetables with lime juice in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Place in refrigerator to allow flavors to meld.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Heat a small skillet on medium heat.
- Place tortillas in the oven to warm.
- Add eggs to skillet, cook for about 1 minute, then add ¼ cup salsa and scramble with the eggs. Place half the egg and salsa mixture in each tortilla. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 236, Total Fats: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 212 mg, Sodium: 260 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 28 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 17 g, Iron: 1.6 mg
Note: one salsa serving = 1/4 cup