- 4 pitas
- 1 cup bulgur-medium (cracked wheat)
- 2 cups water
- juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 scallions, diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- Cut pitas in half and split open.
- Soak bulgur in water in a medium bowl for 15 minutes, then drain.
- In a separate small bowl, mix lemon juice with olive oil.
- Add lemon juice mixture to bulgur.
- Add tomatoes, scallions, cucumbers, bell pepper and parsley. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into pitas and serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 109, Fat: 7 g, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Protein: 3 g