Thai Beef Salad
Makes 6 servings
- 1 ½ lb lean beef tenderloin
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 watercress bunches, washed and dried (stems and wilted leaves removed)
- 1 ¼ cups fresh mint leaves, washed
- 1 ¼ cups fresh cilantro leaves, washed
- 2 red radish bunches, washed and thinly sliced, tops removed
- 1 medium purple onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- l Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes to desired spiciness
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. In a large pot, bring 12 cups of water to a full boil. Add lean beef tenderloin, with all fat removed, and bay leaves. Cover meat and simmer for 20 minutes until medium rare.
3. Remove beef from pot. Cover and let stand for 150 minutes.
4. Slice tenderloin into ½-inch thick strips.
5. Remove salad from fridge. Toss tenderloin and dressing into salad and serve.
Nutrients per serving: 400 calories, 26 g fat, 13 g carbs, 28 g protein