Ready in 10 minutes • Makes 2 servings
- 2 5-oz cans water-packed white tuna
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup each carrots, celery, red onion, diced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, cut in half
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until partially smooth. Leave chunks of avocado for texture, if desired.
- Drain the tuna and mix in with the avocado.
- Add carrots, celery, onions, salt and pepper to mixture.
- Spoon half of the mixture onto the bread to make 2 half sandwiches. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 410, Total Fats: 17 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 45 mg, Sodium: 620 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 24 g, Dietary Fiber: 10 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 42 g, Iron: 4 mg