- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper
- 1 3-ounce can chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 small green onion, sliced (reserve a few slices for garnish, if desired)
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery or water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Remove stem from red bell pepper and slice in half, lengthwise. Set aside half for another use.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, green onion, cooked brown rice and celery or water chestnuts.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Spoon tuna mixture into the pepper shell and garnish with reserved green onion slices.
- Serve slices of the red pepper with the tuna filling.
Nutrients per serving (Estimated glycemic load: 8, based on a typical serving size): Calories: 228, Total Fat: 4 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Mono Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Poly Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 21 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 25 g, Sugars: 5.5 g, Sodium: 758 mg, Cholesterol: 25.5 mg