Lower the fat content of your meatloaf by substituting ground turkey for ground beef. Since breadcrumbs are a huge calorie culprit, we use dry oats instead. Plus, the oats are packed with fiber, leaving you feeling fuller longer.
Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 1/2 packages (30 ounces) lean ground turkey, uncooked
- 1/2 cup dry oats
- 3 egg whites
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- Ketchup, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, except for ketchup and oil spray.
- Thoroughly wash your hands and coat them with cooking spray.
- Using clean oil-coated hands, roll the turkey mixture into a log and pace it into an 8 x 4 loaf pan. Squirt some ketchup on the top and use a knife to spread evenly.
- Place in oven and cook for 40 to 60 minutes. Serve.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 8 servings): Calories: 195, Fat: 6 g, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 28 g