Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Treat your friends (and yourself) this holiday season with a rich, velvety, chocolate cherry fudge that you serve on a spoon.
This recipe is a healthy alternative to traditional fudge, as it’s made with healthy fats and all-natural Divine Protein. Your friends will have no idea it’s a lighter version because the richness this fudge delivers will leave you wondering if you forgot to leave out sweetened condensed milk.
Make this Divine Chocolate Cherry Spoon Fudge for your next Christmas party or gathering, and I guarantee people will be amazed and begging for the recipe.
Divine’s Chocolate Cherry Spoon Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups Divine Nutrition Chocolate Dulce de Leche
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10 oz.) Maraschino cherries, not in heavy syrup; reserve 2 Tbsp. juice
- Empty jar of cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice, and slice cherries in half. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients, except cherries, in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. (Taste for sweetness; add more maple syrup if needed 1 tablespoon at a time)
- Empty fudge into a bowl and fold the cherries into the fudge.
- Place bowl in freezer and freeze until slightly firm; it will not harden like normal fudge.
- Remove fudge from freezer. Stir well, and then spoon fudge onto spoons and place on decorative plate to serve.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and store in freezer until ready to serve.
- When blending, the fudge may take 5 minutes before it is completely smooth.
- This fudge is soft, do not expect it to harden up.
- If you would like the fudge slightly hardened, omit cherry juice and place sliced cherries on paper towel to soak up as much liquid before adding into fudge. Place fudge in 8×8 glass dish, lined with parchment paper, and place in fridge until hardened. Remove fudge from dish then cut into 1-inch squares.