Watch each video carefully, follow our instructions below, and post yourself crushing these burpees with the hashtag #OxygenBadassBurpees for your chance to win.
Beginners can do one to two sets of five to 10 reps each. More advanced participants can shoot for three sets of 15, 20 or more reps. You also can blend them into your existing exercise program, circuit, metcon or Workout of the Day.
If you do not have access to a barbell, use free weights (or objects that serve as weights) to complete the first burpee requirement.
1. Load a barbell with a light to moderate weight and hold it in front of your legs with a shoulder-width overhand grip.
2. Push your hips back and bend your knees while keeping your weight in your heels to lower the bar straight toward the floor.
3. When it touches down, hop your feet behind you into plank, keeping your hands on the bar and bracing your core to keep you steady.
4. Hop your feet back underneath you, assume your deadlift stance (feet hip-width apart, shoulders over the bar, hips higher than your knees), then stand all the way up, pulling the bar straight up along the front of your body.
Lateral Plank-Walk Burpee
1. Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides.
2. Crouch and place your hands on the floor, then hop your feet behind you so you’re in plank — head, hips and heels aligned, spine and head neutral.
3. Bend your elbows to do a push-up, lowering until your chest touches or nearly touches down.
4. Stay in the top of your push-up/plank, brace your core, then move laterally by stepping your hands and feet in unison several steps to one side.
5. Do another push-up, then extend your arms to return to plank and hop your feet back underneath you.
6. Extend your legs and hips explosively, jumping into the air and reaching your hands over your head. Land softly and repeat right away.
Didn’t get a chance to sign up for the challenge? Join in the fun here.