The dumbbell triceps kickback targets all three heads (long, lateral and medial) of the triceps muscle, strengthening and sculpting the back of the arm.
Setup: Stand next to a flat bench, one knee on the bench, propping yourself up on your arm. Hold a weight in your opposite hand, with your upper arm parallel to the ground.
Action: Extend your arm back toward your hip until your arms is straight and parallel to the bench. Return to the start position. Do 10 reps on each side.
• Keep your elbow glued to the side of your body throughout the entire movement. The only movement should be below your elbow.
• Squeeze your triceps as you extend your arm before returning to the start position.
• Keep your shoulders facing the bench throughout the entire movement.
• Keep your spine straight — don’t let your stomach sag.
• Balance your weight equally between your foot on the ground and your knee and hand on the bench.
• Imagine drawing an arc with the weight as you push it from the starting point back to your hip.