Want to build a lifted booty without the bulk? These five Pilates moves will tone your glutes in no time. The best part? You don’t need any equipment. Just find floor space and get ready for some serious booty burn!
Quadruped Leg Lifts
- Begin on all fours with your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips.
- Lift and lengthen your right leg back and your left arm forward.
- Engage through your core and maintain a neutral spine as you pulse your arm and leg up.
- Repeat 20 times.
Bent-Knee Leg Lift
- Next, ground your left hand but keep your right leg lifted. Bend your knee in half and begin lowering and lifting your knee to the mat and back up to hip height. Repeat 20 times. After your last lift, pulse your leg up, squeezing your glute the whole time.
Bend and Stretch
- Still keeping your leg elevated, come down onto your forearms.
- Elongate your leg back and slightly up. Now find a small bend in your knee, then squeeze your leg to straight again. Repeat 20 times.
- To challenge your balance, you can stretch your left hand forward, “tenting” your fingers.
Trainer’s Note: Do all the above moves on one side before repeating on your other side.
- Begin lying on your back with your forehead resting on stacked hands. Keep your legs about as wide as a yoga mat, knees bent and heels squeezing together. Anchor your pubic bone down into the mat.
- Inhale to prepare. Exhale to lift your thighs off the mat. Repeat 20 times.
- On the final repetition, keep your legs lifted and pulse up 20 times.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet externally rotated and about as wide as your mat. Your arms are long by your sides, and your heels are just out of reach of your fingertips, hips lifted up high.
- Inhale to hinge at your hips and lightly tap your booty down toward your mat, then exhale to squeeze your glutes and lift your hips back up again. Repeat 20 times. On the last lift, hold your hips high and go down 1 inch and up 1 inch. Repeat 40 times.
- Focus on keeping your back long and belly engaged. For more of a challenge, flex your ankles and dig your heels down into your mat.
Lower and Lift
Forward and Back
- Begin lying on your left side with your back lined up with the back edge of your mat. Keep your elbow down and head propped up in your hand. Your legs are long and toward the front edge of your mat.
- Lower and Lift: With your top leg externally rotated, inhale to lift your leg and exhale as you lower. Flex your ankle as you go up and point your foot as you go down. Repeat 20 times.
- Forward and Back: Now bring your leg into a parallel position. Inhale to kick your leg forward with your ankle flexed, then exhale to draw your leg back with your foot pointed. Repeat 20 times.
- Now repeat on the second leg.