Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
As a fit mom you learn how to balance several things at once. From the moment you open your eyes in the morning until your head hits the pillow at night, your day is filled with tasks around your family, kids, carpooling, schools, job, chores, and everything else that comes your way.
The only way to manage it without losing your health and sanity is to have a plan. A plan that includes taking care of yourself.
How many times have you forgotten to eat until 2:00 in the afternoon? Your health and stamina is important to your family; it’s the engine that drives it, keeps it well taken care of, happy and on track. Therefore, your body needs as much nourishment and love as you’re giving to all the people you’re so lovingly taking care of.
Here are the simple tips I follow to keep my mind and body in check:
- Wake up 15–30 minutes earlier to dedicate it to myself. This time allows me to take shower, to put myself together and to grab a healthy breakfast.
- Rest! This is the hardest one for me, but my day is so much better and happier, if I go to bed early and avoid getting caught up watching late-night TV.
- Take my vitamins and supplements. I take prenatal vitamins, DHA and iron because I’m expecting.
- Squeeze in a workout. I normally workout after my kids go to school. However, I will train first thing in the morning if I know that my schedule wonʼt allow for it later on.
- Prepare meals that are healthy and nutritious for the whole family in advance.
Speaking of meals! Let me share with you one of my favorite recipes that my entire family enjoys. Healthy and Lean Chicken Nuggets
Try it and let me know what you think!
Nourish your body and your soul. Love yourself and keep a great work, fit mama!
Stay Fit and Healthy,