Got digestive drama? Ditch the prepackaged dips in favor of this homemade one instead. Your belly will thank you.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Artichoke Puree Recipe
Ready in 10 minutes • Makes 8 servings
This simple dish is fun as a dip, a spread on a whole-grain wrap, or in a tomato soup for added flavor.
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, jarred
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- Drain artichokes in a colander to remove excess oil.
- Put artichokes, cloves and rosemary in a food processor and puree.
- Taste, then add a dash of salt and pepper as needed.
Tip: For an aromatic boost, add two sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Fit Fact: Jerusalem artichokes contain prebiotics, the gut-friendly bugs that tag-team with probiotics to improve digestive health.
Nutrients per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories: 20, Total Fats: 0g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 125mg, Total Carbohydrates: 4g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 1g, Iron: 1mg