Start your morning off right with these high-protein banana-blueberry muffins.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 egg whites
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon stevia (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients except blueberries. Once ingredients are fully incorporated, add mixture to dry ingredients and stir until there are no lumps.
- Lightly spray a muffin tin and fill each muffin cup 1/2–3/4 full.
- Sprinkle blueberries over batter. Use a fork to gently push berries into the center of each muffin. Don’t mix the blueberries in with the batter in Step 2, as they may pop and turn your batter blue or sink to the bottom.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean (about 12–18 minutes).
Nutrients per serving (1 muffin): Calories: 90, Total fats: 1.3 g , Saturated fat: 0 g, Trans fat: 1.3 g, Cholesterol: 4 mg, Sodium: 155 mg, Total carbohydrates: 13.5 g, Dietary fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 8 g, Iron: 1 mg