Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh or frozen broccoli
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 medium naval orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, bring the broccoli to a boil (in a marginal amount of water). Reduce the heat, cover and cook for another five to eight minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pot, combine the cornstarch, bouillon granules and sugar. Add the water, orange juice and peel, and stir until the mixture is blended. Then bring to a boil, and stir for two minutes until it thickens.
- Finally drain the broccoli, place it in a serving bowl, and drizzle the sauce over top. Garnish with orange slices before serving.”