Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 6 split chicken breasts, skinned, all visible fat removed
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp green bell pepper
- 4 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white table wine
- tsp rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Set aside.
- Heat oil and garlic in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and green pepper to skillet until tender.
- Drain fat and return chicken to skillet. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 6 servings): Calories: 227, Fat: 8.8 g, Carbohydrates: 4.6 g, Protein: 29 g