Loaded with lean chicken and plenty of veggies this one-skillet meal is the perfect muscle-building meal.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 6 servings
This one-skillet meal will help you burn fat and build muscle!
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, unpeeled, sliced into half moons
- 1 yellow squash, unpeeled, sliced into half moons
- 1 eggplant, unpeeled, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 9 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté chicken until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, peppers and mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring to cook evenly.
- Add tomatoes, basil and parsley. Stir to combine. Cook about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa or polenta.
Nutrients per serving (447g, approx. 2 cups): Calories: 210, Total Fats: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 68mg, Total Carbohydrates: 20g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 10g, Protein: 22g, Iron: 3mg