Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat, add 1 tbsp of broth and saute onions until soft.
- Add ginger and garlic and mix together with onions.
- Add sweet potatoes, cinnamon, honey and remaining broth. Stir and let simmer until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 6 servings): Calories: 141, Total Fats: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 54 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 32 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 12 g, Protein: 3 g, Iron: 1 mg