Fat-Free Banana Loaf
This quick and easy banana loaf is moist and delicious with tons of banana flavor!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Applesauce, not oil or butter, provides the moisture in this moist and delicious banana loaf.
- 3 egg whites
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped or slivered (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites, and add the remaining wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Then lightly blend all of the ingredients together, and pour the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Let the loaf stand in the pan for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.