Gingerbread Cookie Shake
Knock out your cookie craving and feed your muscles in one shot.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
• Whey protein has been shown to help speed muscle recovery when consumed postworkout.
• Cloves and cinnamon are both high in manganese, a mineral that helps the body regulate blood sugar and metabolize fats and carbs.
• Consuming a combo of protein and carbs after your workout is vital to reaping its benefits.
• Molasses helps replace muscle glycogen and potassium lost during exercise.
Gingerbread Cookie Shake Recipe
Makes 1 serving | Ready in 5 minutes
- ½ scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 4–6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process thoroughly.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 250, Total Fats: 2.5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Sodium: 190 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 26 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 31 g, Iron: 3.5 mg