High-Protein Turkey Meatballs
These easy-to-prepare high-protein turkey meatballs can be used in your favorite dish or you can eat them on the go.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These superclean meatballs have complex carbohydrates mixed right in. They add lasting energy for your brain with your protein fix for your muscles. Just put into resealable bags, refrigerate, grab and go!
Turkey Meatball Recipe
- 2 lb ground turkey, white meat
- 2 cups dry cream of rice or plain, dry oatmeal (add more or less for desired consistency)
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh or dry parsley
- 1 pinch low-sodium garlic salt, to taste
- 4 oz ketchup
- 4 oz barbecue sauce
- Low-fat, nonstick cooking spray
- Place all ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into bite-size balls.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through (cut one meatball to check).
- Next, place the meatballs on a paper towel on a plate to drain, then serve.