Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Makes: 1 serving
Ready in: 25 minutes
- 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, rinsed
- ½ oz. fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup cooked amaranth
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Heat pan over medium heat. Lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray and add chicken.
- Cook chicken with a lid on for most of cooking. When almost cooked, add artichoke hearts and cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend basil, olive oil, cheese and seasonings until you get a paste-like consistency.
- Place chicken and artichokes on top of amaranth and top with pesto mixture.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 429, Total Fats: 15 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 68 mg, Sodium: 170 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 38 g, Dietary Fiber: 10 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 37 g, Iron: 1.5 mg