Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Protein-Packed Preworkout Pancake Recipe
Ready in: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 egg whites*
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat, low-sodium cottage cheese
*Preferably from fresh eggs, not a carton, as it changes the consistency.
- Sugar-free maple syrup
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. If batter is still thick, add another egg white. Refrigerate batter for 3 minutes while heating a pan over medium heat.
- Pour a third of the batter into pan. When it starts to bubble gently flip and cook other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 380, Total Fats: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 170 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 35 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 42 g, Iron: 2 mg