Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Enjoy these hearty low-fat muffins as a warm and healthy start to your day.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Combine remaining (wet) ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture until just moist.
- Divide batter between muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes (or until and inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from tins and cool on a wire rack.
Nutrients per muffin: Calories: 140, Fat: 0.5 g, Carbohydrates: 31 g, Protein: 3.9 g