Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and grated
- 1½ cups carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup pitted dates, chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Dash unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients and the sea salt, in a large bowl. Stir in apples, carrots, walnuts, dates and sunflower seeds until well combined.
- Beat wet ingredients together in a separate large bowl. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fill muffin cups and bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrients per serving: 230 calories, 17 g total fat, 10 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 17 g total carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 11 g sugar, 5 g protein