Spinach & Shrimp Salad
This power salad is full of lean protein, omega-3s, antioxidants and healthy fats.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Ready in 25 minutes • Makes 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb precooked frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1 tsp lemon zest 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1″ cubes
- 8 tbsp low-fat honey mustard dressing
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute shrimp with lemon and lime zest until warmed through.
- In a bowl, mix together onion, spinach, lettuce and beans. Top with orange, strawberries, avocado and shrimp.
- Stir in dressing and toss to mix. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 428, Total Fats: 19 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 226 mg, Sodium: 381 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 30 g, Dietary Fiber: 8 g, Sugars: 12 g, Protein: 36 g, Iron: 6 mg