Thai Beef Salad Recipe
This tangy, zesty salad is fresh and delicious — and packed with muscle-building protein.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Thai Beef Salad
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 ½ lb lean beef tenderloin
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 watercress bunches, washed and dried (stems and wilted leaves removed)
- 1 ¼ cups fresh mint leaves, washed
- 1 ¼ cups fresh cilantro leaves, washed
- 2 red radish bunches, washed and thinly sliced, tops removed
- 1 medium purple onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes to desired spiciness
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large pot, bring 12 cups of water to a full boil. Add lean beef tenderloin, with all fat removed, and bay leaves. Cover meat and simmer for 20 minutes until medium rare.
- Remove beef from pot. Cover and let stand for 150 minutes.
- Slice tenderloin into ½-inch thick strips.
- Remove salad from fridge. Toss tenderloin and dressing into salad and serve.
Nutrients per serving: 400 calories, 26 g fat, 13 g carbs, 28 g protein