Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 5 servings
- 1/2 cup vanilla brown-rice protein powder
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 scoops vanilla casein protein powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend together cake ingredients and bake at 335 F in 5 mini bread loaf tins for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool.
- Mix together all filling ingredients and place mixture inside a plastic bag with a piping nozzle protruding from one end.
- Make a hole inside each of your twinkie cakes by inserting a chopstick horizontally into the side of the cake.
- Squeeze the bag with the filling mixture into each twinkie hole. Eat right away or refrigerate for later.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 210, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 2.5 mg, Sodium: 196 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 15 g, Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 33 g, Iron: 2.5 mg